According to a legal source, Fred Savage could find himself in the middle of a new lawsuit after being eliminated on his “Wonder Years” reboot.
The former child star was removed from the ABC show after numerous complaints about his role as executive producer and director, reported last week.
Savage, 45, had previously filed a lawsuit against Yangzhou Huang, a user on the set of his former Fox comedy “The Grinder,” in 2019 after he was accused of assault and harassment.
When asked about the latest allegations, Huang’s lawyer, Anahita Seda, told Page Six on Monday: “It’s been a long time coming and I’m not surprised.
“When my client approached me in 2018 with his allegations against Mr Savage, we discovered that at least one case had been filed against him in the past and that Mr Savage was allegedly Involved in the conduct. My clients as well as other women.It is unfortunate that he started talking to my client and now allegedly before taking action against the others.
Huang claimed in his lawsuit that the savage “hit him violently in the arm” three times and shouted “don’t touch me with your hands” when he wiped the ground from his suit and that the actor was “shaking and There was an aggressive mood.. About the female staff. ”
The filing, viewed by Page Six, states: “Plaintiff was notified and believes that Defendant Fox (and even other networks, including ABC) were involved in Defendant Savage’s illegal conduct within many years.complaints about Defendant Fox, who continues to employ him.
Defendant is known for threatening, intimidating and harassing female members of the sewage staff as they perform their duties, such as ‘I’m not a dog, stop chasing me!’ ‘Never. Look more at me ‘, and’ Stay away from me. ‘
The savage then called the allegations “completely without merit and completely wrong.” Later, it was erased by television investigations in the 20th century, which produced “The Grinder.”
Savage is one of the executive producers of the new “Wonder Years”, which re -launched last year. He has directed eight stages, including Pilot.
Sida said the removal of the savage in “Wonder Years” could lead to a new lawsuit being filed against him.
Deadline reported on Friday that the nature of the allegations against Savage – who starred in the original 80s series – is not yet clear, but insisted the star acted inappropriately and was Verbal provocation during production .
“Recently, we were notified of allegations of Fred Savage’s misconduct, and as a rule, an investigation was launched. A 20th Century Television spokesperson told Deadline in a statement that Following the completion of, it was decided to terminate the his work as Executive Producer and Director of Wonder Years.
Seda added: “The network said it investigated these new complaints and, as a result, removed Mr. Savage. I suspect that at this time, with the addition of allegations against Mr. Savage, the network should who received some confirmation and had no choice but to separate.
“If an employer fails to act on a complaint of misconduct that is proven valid, he or she can be held liable in court. Therefore, not only the offender but also the employer is liable.
He said: “Fox has not confirmed the claims on the record nor has it released its own investigation results. We can only assume something is wrong.
The Savage representative did not respond to a request for Page Six comment.
In 2018, actress Eli Mills said the original “Wonder Years” was canceled after the former costume designer filed a sexual harassment case against 16-year-old Savage.
Monique Long sued in Los Angeles Superior Court in 1993 after she declared she could not do her job and was fired because Savage asked her to hold her hand, ask for a relationship and have sex. Provided comments. The case was fixed out of court, and the savage never commented.
Mills, who played Savage’s mother Kevin Arnold, called the suit “ridiculous” and added that Savage was “the most aggressive, the most impressive, the sweetest person ever.” Come to earth.